Woodland and open fields
3.65 miles (5.85 km)
An undulating walk through farmland and deep woodland with the option of refreshments at a pub at the start, finish or both.
- Park in the village of Bramfield. There are many options along Winding Short.
- Walk down Bury Lane, past The Grandison, and on until you reach a gate at the end. Here you turn left down a path keeping the hedge on your right and follow it round Bramfield Park Wood heading south-west. The path bends west and then heads north through woodland before opening up with fields on your left and woodland on your right. Continue heading north.
- When the field on the left ends, you will walk between Beal's Wood on your left and Bramfield Wood on your right. Continue north until you reach an open field. The path climbs steadily uphill heading north-west to Tewin Hill, a quiet country lane.
- Here you turn right along the lane heading north-east until you reach a T junction with a B road.
- Cross the road and enter the path immediately opposite heading north-east through Nicholson's Wood.
- Continue along this path through woodland until you reach a major path crossing.
- Turn right and head slightly south-east through Alexander's Wood then bending south through Beanfield Wood and eventually emerging on the road back to Bramfield.
- Here you can either turn left and walk along the road to the village, or, if you want to avoid walking along the road, look out for a gap in the hedge on your left just before the junction. This path follows the road back to Bramfield Village.